Billing Medicare: What You Need to Do to Justify Payment and Avoid Claim Denials: A Webinar Presented by PT Management Support Systems
– October 2014 – PT Management Support Systems (PTMS), the nationwide leader in providing healthcare organizations with the tools to establish and manage physical and occupational therapy programs, is conducting a comprehensive tutorial in physical and occupational therapy documentation for PTMS clients on Wednesday, Sept. 24.
"With Medicare and commercial payers increasing their scrutiny of physical therapy charges, it is more important than ever to ensure that therapy documentation clearly demonstrates medical necessity and compliance with other therapy billing requirements," says Cary Edgar, PTMS principal.
Led by Donna Senft, PT, JD, and moderated by Edgar, “Creating Medical Records to Justify Payment and Avoid Denied Claims”
- Medicare and other insurer requirements for documenting medical necessity and supporting payment for therapy services
- Medicare conditions for payment and coverage criteria versus conditions of participation
- Other reasons for maintaining medical records and ways to enhance integrity
- Documentation tips for best practice
Senft will also address billing and:
- Physician oversight and supervision requirements
- Documentation tips for communicating clearly
- Red flags
is a principal in Ober|Kaler’s Health Law Group, where she focuses on health care transactions and regulatory matters. She represents various providers, including hospitals, nursing facilities, adult day care centers, and rehabilitation agencies. Senft advises health care providers and practitioners on licensure, certification and billing privileges.
, a PTMS founder and frequent speaker on the financial and legal aspects of developing and managing outpatient rehab, helps hospitals, health systems and physician groups manage and grow their therapy departments.