Outpatient Rehab Assessments
Hospitals and health systems of all sizes and types have engaged us to conduct comprehensive assessments of their outpatient rehab finances, operations and regulatory compliance.
– PTM uses national benchmarks to determine whether you are maximizing rehab income and, if not, where to focus improvement efforts. Other financial assessment services include:
- Determining benchmarked therapy revenue and profit based on your rehab caseload and payment rates.
- Ascertaining if therapy providers are submitting the appropriate amount of charges per patient visit.
- Evaluating provider base and incentive compensation packages to determine if they are competitive and effective.
- Assessing productivity expectations to determine if they should be modified, and if so, how.
- Providing concrete recommendations on how to improve financial performance of your rehab department.
– Taking rehab caseload and other factors into consideration, PTM can help you determine the appropriate number of providers and support staff.
Other operational assessment services include:
- Determining whether therapists are appropriately and efficiently utilizing assistants, aides and other support staff.
- Reviewing scheduling and authorization processes to increase patient access and minimize cancellations/no shows.
- Assessing whether and how your documentation process can be streamlined to both ensure compliance and increase provider productivity.
- Measuring and improving patient and physician satisfaction.
- Determining whether the amount of provider time spent on tasks other than direct patient care is appropriate.
- Evaluating the benefits and costs ROI of adding satellite locations and PT/OT specialty programs.
– PTM also performs documentation and compliance audits for rehab departments that include:
- Determining whether documentation complies with Medicare and other applicable payer requirements.
- Assessing whether therapists are correctly coding treatments and submitting all appropriate charges.
- Assessing the need for additional clinical, documentation or other types of training to help ensure compliance.
- Ascertaining if staff members are appropriately differentiating rules/regulations for coverage on specific units (inpatient/outpatient/IRF/SNU).
- Determining if staff appropriately differentiates supervision regulations per rehab designation.
- Determining whether your rehab department is prepared for the Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audits.