Therapists will be required to start using new initial evaluation and re-evaluation codes on January 1, 2017. This webinar will provide you with the fundamental information you need to start using these new codes, including:
- A detailed explanation of the three new initial evaluation codes for PT/OT
- How to choose between the new high, moderate and low initial evaluation complexity levels
- How to document medical necessity for each complexity level
- Use of the new re-evaluation code
- Recommendations on modifying your current EHR templates to support the choice and documentation of the new evaluation codes
- Medicare and commercial payment differences for the new codes
SPEAKER: Kay Hashagen, PT, MBA, RAC-CT is a Senior Consultant with LW Consulting and regularly conducts chart reviews for outpatient physical and occupational therapy. Kay has over 30 years of successful performance in private sector healthcare, specializing in geriatric rehabilitation in skilled nursing facilities, personal/assisted living and independent living, and outpatient rehabilitation. She started her career as a physical therapist working in hospitals and in-patient rehab and then spent over 22 years specializing in industrial rehabilitation and worker’s compensation in outpatient clinics. Recently, Kay spent six years working in operations, managing rehabilitation departments for Genesis Rehabilitation Services in both skilled nursing facilities and outpatient clinics. Kay received her BS in Physical Therapy from Temple University and her M.B.A. from the University of Central Florida. Kay keeps her clinical skills up to date by treating patients PRN.
DATES/TIME: For your convenience, we will be conducting this webinar on two dates-Tuesday 12/6 from noon-1 pm EST and on Wednesday 12/14 from noon-1 pm. We will also have a recording of the webinar available for registrants who want to listen at their convenience.
• PT: Qualifies for 1 hour of PT CME credit in AL, AR, AZ, CO, DE, GA, HI, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, OR, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
• OT: Qualifies for 1 hour of OT CME credit in AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, KY, MN, MS, MO, NE, NV, NH, ND, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
• Only registrants will receive a CME certificate.
Please register by using the link below. After you register, we will email you a link for the webinar.