PHOENIX, Ariz. 9 (March 12, 2015) –– PT Management Support Systems (PTM), a nationwide leader in providing physician groups with the tools to establish and manage their ancillary physical and occupational therapy programs, is conducting a webinar to answer the most common and relevant questions that CEOs and other management staff have regarding ancillary physical therapy and occupational therapy.
The webinar will be held on Thursday, April 9, 2015 at noon EST and is open to the public; pre-registration is required at http://bit.ly/1C9c8D4.
“We have been fielding questions from physician group management regarding their ancillary PT/OT practice for many years now and will be sharing answers to some of the more common and fundamental questions that impact the success of any rehab practice,” says Cary Edgar, PTM principal.
This webinar will be in a Q & A format and will answer the most common questions physician groups have regarding their ancillary PT practices, including:
- How do I determine whether the therapists are at appropriate productivity levels in terms of visits and other relevant measures?
- How long should it take for new PT patients to be seen in therapy and how many new patient evaluations should each therapist be expected to see?
- Why is the patient cancellation/no show rate relevant and what is an acceptable rate?
- Should PT providers block time out of their schedule for documentation or other tasks?
- How do I determine appropriate staffing in terms of FTE providers, assistants, techs and patient service representatives?
- Should we have a bonus plan and, if so, what should it be based on?
- Why is the front desk staff key to PT productivity?
- When should we open satellite clinics, how much space do we need, and are we required to have a physician on site?
- Can and should we accept outside referrals?
- What should our PT profit margin be?
PTM Founder and President Cary Edgar is a frequent speaker on the financial and legal aspects of developing and managing outpatient rehab. Edgar helps hospitals, health systems and physician groups manage and grow their PT/OT therapy departments.
About PT Management Support Systems
Physical Therapy Management Support Systems (PTM) helps healthcare organizations, hospitals and physician groups improve performance of physical and occupational therapy programs through proven financial, operational and compliance solutions. PTM also offers real-time physical and occupational therapy benchmarking, productivity tracking and reporting through its web-based solution, TherapyWorks. Based in Phoenix, Ariz., PTM currently works with healthcare organizations throughout the U.S. For additional information, visit https://pt-management.com.